As tempting as it may be to purge your children’s toys when they aren’t around to voice their opinion, it’s a great opportunity to get them involved with the purging process. Organizing with your children can be fun, productive and relaxing! Here’s how…
- Choose a room that you feel would be beneficial to sort through. Some kids like to keep a bulk of their toys in their room while some may confine the madness to the basement or family room.
- Take a couple of post it notes and label them “donate” and “keep”. Place each paper on either side of the room.
- Select a section you would like to work on, (could be a toy chest or if you’re feeling ambitious that really big bin of action figures or matchbox cars) and simply hand each item to your child to run over to the designated post it note.
- When you feel you’ve squeezed every inch of organization out of your little apprentice, box or bag your donation items and place all “keep” items back in their respected places.
- Swing by your local donation point to make your drop off! Not only will you clear your clutter right away – your kids will feel good knowing that their possessions are going to others who will cherish them just as much as they did.