March break is looming and some of the more fortunate families out there are going to have some reprieve from grey skies and chilly temperatures! However, before sipping cocktails on the beach can commence, packing needs to get done first. Keeping yourself organized while packing will ensure that no must have items get left behind! Lets get started…
- Pack Early: For most of us, vacations are planed months in advance. One to two weeks prior, find a large area in your home (i.e. dining room table) that you can start laying out items for the trip. This way you can have a visual reminder of what has been determined to go and what still needs to be packed.
- Categorize:Give each family member their own checklist. This way ensures that everyone has exactly what they, specifically require while away. For example, any medications or sleeping aids.
- Mix and Match:When the time comes to pack items in suitcases, remember to put something for everyone in each case. This way, if one suitcase doesn’t make it to your destination, everyone will still have a bathing suit and set of clean clothes while waiting for the missing one to arrive.
- Lotions and Potions:Even though we tend to put our creams and shampoos in their own vanity case, remember to put each item in it’s own plastic bag before hand. This will save you time and aggravation should one go pop on the way and leak all over your clothing.
- Crucial Carry On Needs:Make sure that all passports and other government documentation are double and triple checked. You won’t be going very far if one of your tickets or passports comes up short while checking in! If your children are old enough, get them to pack any games or snacks they like so you can’t be held accountable for forgetting their “must have” items!
- Weigh In:Once your bags are zipped and ready for travel, pop them on the scale so you know you’re within the airlines weight limit. This will save you the hassle of trying to make adjustments at the airport in order to stay within the guidelines. For more accurate measurements, Walmart carries Air Canada Digits Luggage Scales for $29.97!
Packing shouldn’t be stressful it should be exciting! Remember to give yourself lots of time and to make lots of lists! For more information on what specific items to pack, click here! http://www.minitime.com/trip-tips/packing-lists#